God constantly wants to move us forward, never wants us stagnant or in one spot too long. God wants constant growth. Sometimes we feel like we are not good enough or not far enough in our faith. But it is okay where you are right now; it is easier to jump forward in your faith from here than further down the road.
When you are trying to lose weight, that first 30 lbs just melts away, then the next 10 are harder than the initial 30. As we go further down the road of faith, God gives us more challenges to overcome, for what we are supposed to be by God’s will.
Another great analogy for this is God treats us like a video game sometimes. We start at a beginner level, moving onto the next, each level giving us new powers and training us for the future battles. Moving us closer and closer to the bigger picture and winning the game/life. Each level we go through prepares us for what God has planned for us. Do not worry about God’s plan; just know it is a good one. (Jeremiah 29:11)
God has a greater life than you can ask, or imagine for us (see Ephesians 3:20). If only we continued in our travels for God. We never seem to see what our true potential is and discredit ourselves. When you have a child, you see all the good things ahead of them. Good grades, no drugs, a life of intelligence, health and success. The child cannot see all this; they simply see the hardships and difficulties of life. When all they have to do is apply themselves and persevere. God looks at us like this! He sees before we were born what amazing blessings and life that is ahead of us.
God has amazing journeys for us, for his glory. Amazing miracles and praise God moments are in store. If only we would just continue and not let mediocre life set in. Never settle; God doesn’t. Though we may not see why we go through what we do, or why people go through pains. Satan’s will is the pain, but God can bring good out of bad situations also.
To recap, God has a big plan for you, a good one, even when we may not understand the why’s and how’s just have faith, good happens for those who love the lord.
You may think that you have procrastinated too much, or you are not good enough. However, this is a lie of the devil; you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now. Even better news is, Today is a new day… Start now and do not dwell on the past.
· Jeremiah 29:11 11 for I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
· Ephesians 3:20 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
· Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
· Isaiah 55:8-9 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, ”declares the Lord.9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
· Romans 8:28 28 and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
· Psalms 23:6 6 surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
By: Tabitha Graham